The purpose of the Advisory Council for Education (ACE) is to provide a systematic, representative public involvement in educational decisions under consideration by the Board of Directors.
ACE may be charged with some or all of the following:
• Participate in strategic planning for the district;
• Research a topic about which the Board of Directors would like more information. This may include development of a recommendation to the Board of Directors;
• Receive general information from district and school administrators or staff;
• Serve as a “key communicator” to community members informing them of district initiatives; and
• Populate other committees and sub-committees as needed.
ACE consists of the following members:
• Fourteen citizens/parents (each Board member appoints one and each school appoints one)
• Two certificated staff members (approved by the Superintendent);
• Two classified staff members (approved by the Superintendent);
• One secondary-level principal (approved by the Superintendent);
• One elementary-level principal (approved by the Superintendent);
• One Cabinet member (approved by the Superintendent);
• One to two higher education/vocational education representatives (appointed by the Superintendent or a Board member);
• One to two business/city representatives (appointed by the Superintendent or a Board member);
• One high school senior student*; and
• One high school junior student*.
*Students will be selected through the same application/interview process
used to select Student Advisors to the School Board
you have questions about ACE, please feel free to contact ACE Secretary Gary Sabol at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 360.618.6217.