Frequently Asked Questions

How do I submit a student registration?

You can watch this 2-minute video on how to register a new student who has never attended a school in our school district.

NEW Families who do NOT have any students currently enrolled in Arlington School District, please click below and follow the steps to create an account in the New Student Online Enrollment portal. After you submit your request, you will receive an email with login instructions. This account is only for the purpose of using the New Student Online Enrollment portal.


Families who currently have a student enrolled in the District or have an active Skyward Family Access account, please log in to Family Access and click on the tab located in the upper left corner of your home screen.


What documents do I need to provide?

Required for all students:

1. Proof of age – example: birth certificate, or other official documentation
2. Proof of residency – example: current water/electric bill, or rental/lease agreement, or home purchase papers
3. Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) – example: WAIIS certificate, or CIS Signed by healthcare provider, or CIS w/medical immunization records from healthcare provider, CIS printed from MyIR)

Other documentation as applicable:

1. IEP Documents
2. 504 plan documents
3. Legal/custody documents
4. Medication orders
5. Most recent report card
6. Unofficial transcripts

I do not have my documents yet to upload. What do I do?

You can continue with the registration process and submit it, but the school will not be able to complete the registration until these documents are received.

Please contact the school to let them know when you plan to have them. You can come by the school so the school office staff can take copies of the documents. You can email a PDF or a picture of the document as well to the school registrar. (Please make sure to include the student’s name for easier identification)

School Registrar Contacts:

Arlington High School: [email protected]
Arlington Open Doors: [email protected]
Stillaguamish Valley Learning Center: [email protected]
Weston High School: [email protected]

Haller Middle School: [email protected]
Post Middle School: [email protected]

Eagle Creek Elementary: [email protected]
Kent Prairie Elementary: [email protected]
Pioneer Elementary: [email protected]
Presidents Elementary: [email protected]

If my child used to go to Arlington, will I have to fill out the entire registration again?

Yes, once you submit the New Student Registration, the new information for the student will be matched with the information that is saved on the system.

What if I’ve forgotten my login or password?

Please contact your school. They will provide you the login information and send you a temporary password.

How do I continue an online enrollment that I’ve already started?

If you started enrollment in Family Access, you can log back in. Click Here (Make sure to select Enrollment Access on the dropdown menu when you login).

**Note: Once you’ve submitted the registration, please contact the school if you need to change any of the information.

What if I make a mistake while filling out an Update or Enrollment Form?

If you would like to make a change, you can go back to the previous section. If it won’t allow you to edit, try exiting the system and logging in again.

What if I don’t know what a question on the form is asking?

Please contact the school directly for clarification about what the questions on the form mean.

What are the next steps after I compete the online registration?

When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit Application to the District.” This will send all the information you have entered to the school. If the submit button is disabled, check your application for missing information on required questions.

The school will contact you once they have processed the registration, or if they have any questions.

How do I find out the bus schedule for my student?

Please click this link Bus Route Information

If you still have questions, please contact transportation at 360-435-3307.

Where can I find the supply list/What supplies do I need?

Please click this link Student School Supplies

What are school hours?

APPLE Preschool
APPLE Preschool – M – Th (AM) 9:00 to 11:45 (PM) 12:45 to 3:30
APPLE Office hours – 8:30 to 4:00

Elementary Schools
Elementary – M – Th 9:10 to 3:40
Fridays 9:10 to 2:40

Elementary Office hours – 8:30 to 4:00

Middle Schools
Middle Schools – M – Th 8:00 to 2:30
Fridays 8:00 to 1:30

Arlington High School
Arlington High School – M – Th 8:00 to 2:30
Fridays 8:00 to 1:30

Weston High School

Weston High School – M – Th 7:55 to 2:25
Fridays 7:55 to 1:25

Secondary Office hours – 7:30 to 3:00

Stillaguamish Valley Learning Center
Stillaguamish Valley Learning Center- 9:00 to 2:30, T-Th

Can I transfer my student to a different school?

A student’s school and resident school district is based on where the student resides. If a student wishes to attend a school that does not serve the area of their residence address, a family may request a student transfer. (A student transfer is sometimes referred to as a variance, a choice transfer, a waiver, or a school choice.)

Resident Intra-District Transfer
If you live in the Arlington Public Schools boundaries and want your student to attend another school within the district, please complete an Intra-District Transfer Request form and return it to the school that your student is currently attending.

***Acceptance of non-boundary students requires approval from both the releasing and accepting building administration. Parents/guardians will be responsible for transportation to/from the non-boundary school.

Non-Resident Transfer
If you live outside Arlington Public Schools boundaries and want your student to attend an Arlington school, you must contact your home district’s administrative office and complete their Choice Transfer form. Your home district must release your student and submit the form to our district for consideration.

***All non-resident choice transfer requests received by Arlington Public Schools will be reviewed and either accepted or denied. Applicants will receive an email notification of approval or denial in a timely manner. If applicable, parents/guardians are responsible for providing transportation to and from school for their non-resident student. Choice transfers are approved for one school year only and it is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to complete a new form each year to request a new transfer.

Residents of Arlington Public Schools may request a choice transfer to a nonresident school district via the Choice Transfer Request Portal (CRTP) online. The Choice Transfer Request will release the student to a nonresident district of choice. You will need to have an active email address to use this system. Click HERE for additional info and the link to CTRP. If unable to use the portal, contact the district office to request a paper form.